Monday, March 9, 2009

What's in a name?

So Breeze made a comment asking me about my screen name and I figured other people might wonder about it so I thought I'd post a brief explanation. Here goes.

Nano- is for "nanotechnology," a hot topic in chemical engineering and especially in biomolecular (my area of focus in chemical engineering). -bri is for "Brian," my first name. Put the two together and you get "nanobri". I came up with the name when I was taking a nanotech class and was registering for some random site. I decided I like it though and have been phasing it in as my standard screen name.

Anyway, now you know. :)

1 comment:

  1. See that's what I figured first..but then I thought maybe you were being clever(because you'd have to be to be studying chemical engineering now wouldn't you?) so when I saw the anagram in there I though, maybe... Not that I think it suited you(the anagram I mean), I figured maybe you were being clever and silly at the same time.

    I like it nanobri..I will never mess with your letters again..lol.

    Breeze

    ReplyDelete