Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Random Movie Inspired RPG Idea

So I saw the movie "Body of Lies" not too long ago, it's about a CIA operative in the Middle East. One of the big things they kept showing is this control room with a satellite feed where they could zoom in to someone's chin hair and track them wherever they went as long as they were outside.

This got me thinking, what if there was something like that in a magic campaign setting. Perhaps a scrying command center that could peer out of any reflective surface.

I can just imagine it:
"We've set up a perimeter sire, 30 scrying surfaces active." "Target is on the move, I need more surfaces activated to the southwest. Come on people, we're going to lose him! We need about 20 more scrying bowls in here, stat! So help me gods, I'll have you all doing hard labor down in the mana mines if you screw this up! And this coffee is fricking COLD!!!"

2 comments:

  1. You've made some really good posts lately Brian and I've wanted to comment in detail but a sick baby and a sore thumb have held me back but I've been reading and I love the stuff you're doing here!

    Keep it up!
    Breeze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man this is heavy stuff, makes you totally open up your mind and go wow, just what if??

    Meagan

    ReplyDelete