Monday, March 16, 2009

Too-deep-for-a-Monday -- Dreams


So my next and last idea for a theme day is "Too-deep-for-a-Monday Mondays". Where I share some of my poetry or discuss philosophical questions or whatnot. I figure maybe it'll give me and maybe others something to ponder, and perhaps even bring a little bit of a Zen-peacefulness type mood to start off the week. Lol, I think my aspirations for this idea might be too deep already. ;)

So anyway, I finally finished the reports I've been working on, and I have been staying up way late each night and into the morning doing them so I really need some sleep. In light of this, I thought I'd share a poem I wrote called "Dreams." The prompt for this poem was "Seven ways of seeing (blank)," which might help to explain the structure a bit. Anyway, here it is. I'm off to get a few hours of sleep before I have to head into the lab.

Dreams

A boat flowing down
A river of garbled thoughts.
Waves of random neurons fire,
Splashing pictures in a sleeping brain.

The shattered fragments of a day’s events
Haphazardly collected and refashioned -
A moonlit mosaic.

A warped mirror, reflecting life
Not quite as it is.

Beautiful attendants all around,
I relax, lounging on my throne.
A pleasant breeze is wafted over me
From the servant’s palm leaf,
Then the alarm clock buzzes.
Too brief a respite from incessant reality.

A cacophony of memories and images
Each striking a cord
In a whimsical night song.

A cauldron, stirred by a mysterious shaman,
Brimming with cryptic messages and portents.
Strange symbols bubble over into the mind.

Magical illusions shimmer,
Glitter flying through the night air.
Then, like dust settled,
All is swept away.

2 comments:

  1. Very Interesting Brian. I think you have a good theme for Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..that's wonderful! I have to remember to come here on Mondays!

    ReplyDelete