Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hello world.

I've kind of wanted to start writing a blog for a while but I never felt like I had a catchy enough idea or exciting things to write about. I've decided that I'm just going to start one anyway and maybe as I post more it will kind of evolve into something good. You have to start somewhere, right?

So I guess I'll begin with a little about me. I'm a master's student studying chemical engineering at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH. My interests include games of various sorts (role playing, computer, console, cards, web, etc.), web comics, programming, philosophy, cooking, wine, beer, and probably other things but that's a good start for now. When I graduate I hope to get a job in the biotechnology field. Ideally I would like to work towards something that improves quality of life for people. (Secretly I want to advance the study of repairing and protecting the body so that I might live forever. Who says I can't dream, right?)

I am currently procrastinating on studying for a midterm I have tomorrow. (It's amazing the projects you will decide to start when you have something more important that you should be doing.) I suppose I'll get back to it now. Perhaps I'll take a break later and write some more.

4 comments:

  1. "Secretly I want to advance the study of repairing and protecting the body so that I might live forever. Who says I can't dream, right?" - so far so good, eh?

    Welcome to the land of the bloggers, and thanks for following De Factoids. Feel free to comment if you have any questions / queries etc.

    Best,

    AJN
    http://adamjamesnall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Adam says, welcome to the blogosphere. Live forever, that would be boring.

    I worry about such important issues as my morning coffee, that helps me survive on a day-to-day basis.

    Thanks for following my Fizz blog.

    AV
    http://netherregionoftheearthii.blogspot.com/
    http://tomusarcanum.blogspot.com/
    http://thingsthatfizz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcomes, both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I welcome you too, and you might as well welcome me back (kidding). :D

    I'm also new here and I've been writing articles or short stories for a school project or just for a pastime. Anyway, so far you've done a good job in your writings and hope to read more blogs from you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete